Radical, open-hearted welcome
Intellectual curiosity and spiritual seeking
Expansive commitment to serve the world
When Talmadge Hill Community Church was organized in 1870 by a group of neighbors, they had an inspired vision for the value of regular gatherings for worship and the religious and moral education of their children. Through the years since then the church has provided a vigorous alternative for religious and moral education and has maintained a unique place for seekers to discover and deepen their personal experience of God.
Today we treasure the simple beauty of our chapel and its humble welcoming spirit. We stand as an inclusive place where all are invited to participate regardless of orientation or belief.
Our music is unique, creative and inspiring. The message we proclaim is authentic and practical. We reach beyond the bounds of familiarity to serve the needy of our community and our world. (We give away at least 22% of the money we collect to that end.)
Join us for Worship
9:00 Service of Word and Sacrament
10:30 Worship with Sunday School for age 3 through 8th grade
- Bible Study: Monday evenings at 7:30 and Thursday mornings at 9:30
- Confirmation taught as a tutorial for 9th graders
- Youth Initiative for young people grades 9-12 meets from 6-7:30 second and fourth Sundays
- Men’s & Women’s Groups
Monthly meetings of the Women’s Circle (third Friday 7:30 p.m.) and the
Men’s Fellowship (first Saturday at 8:00 a.m.)
- All Church Retreat (second Saturday in November)
- Choir rehearsal Thursdays 7:30 p.m.
- Outreach Projects throughout the year
Talmadge Hill Community Church
870 Hollow Tree Ridge Road
Darien, Connecticut 06820